New York Pedestrian Accident - New York Car Accident Lawyers
Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald represents pedestrians hit by cars and other motor vehicles. The firm has over 30 years of experience and has recovered millions for New York accident victims, including a recent verdict $5,730,000 in a New York car accident case. To contact Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald, please call toll-free at 1-800-323-9900 or submit the firm’s online contact form.
Some common scenarios in pedestrian accident cases include the following:
- A pedestrian is hit by a car or other vehicle while crossing the road.
- The driver of a vehicle loses control, swerves onto a sidewalk, and hits a pedestrian.
- A school bus hits a child who has just exited or is about to enter the bus.
- A car or other vehicle backs over a pedestrian, usually a young child.
- A pedestrian, usually a child, is hit by a car or other vehicle in a parking lot.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
A pedestrian accident lawyer should be contacted immediately after a pedestrian accident to investigate the facts and determine if driver negligence caused the accident. Some common factors contributing to driver negligence include the following:
- A driver’s inattentiveness or preoccupation (often cell phone use)
- A driver's failure to observe posted speed limits
- A driver's failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked cross walks
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DWI)
A pedestrian accident lawyer should also be consulted regarding the statute of limitations, the time limit for filing a claim. You could lose your right to sue responsible parties if you do not act quickly. Call Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald toll-free at 1-800-323-9900 to discuss your New York pedestrian accident.
Types of Accidents
$31,575,000-Failure to properly monitor newborn's metabolic acidosis caused brain damage and cerebral palsy