New York Birth Injury Lawyers and Cases
Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald medical malpractice law firm has been successfully handling birth injury cases for over 30 years. During that time, the firm has helped many children with autism, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, seizures, and other birth injuries get compensation. Below are four of the hundreds of settlements and jury verdicts Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald has obtained for its young clients:
- $94,812,240 · Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald New York medical malpractice attorneys argued that failure to delay premature birth and administer medication to enhance fetal lung development was medical malpractice and resulted in cerebral palsy.
- $31,860,000 · Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald New York birth injury attorneys argued that failure to perform timely Cesarean (Caesarean) section caused brain damage.
- $31,575,000 · Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald New York medical malpractice lawyers argued that failure to properly monitor newborn’s blood gases and metabolic acidosis caused brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $15,000,000 · Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald New York birth injury lawyers argued that delivery of a premature infant in a labor room that was not equipped and staffed to resuscitate a premature infant resulted in a delay of effective ventilation and hypoxia, and that the hypoxia, superimposed on the child’s prematurity, resulted in perventricular leukomalacia and cerebral palsy.
If your child has autism, cerebral palsy, learning disabilities, seizures or any other disabilities, contact the law firm of Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald. Please call toll-free at 1-800-323-9900 or submit the firm’s online contact form.
New York Medical Malpractice Attorneys · Birth Injury Investigation
If you retain Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald, we will:
- Undertake an intense investigation of the medical history of your child, including all medical records involving pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum
- Consult with pediatric neurologists
- Attempt to identify the cause and time of the birth injury
- If that injury could have been avoided, we will seek to recover compensation from the parties responsible for the injury, which may include doctors, nurses, hospitals and other medical care providers
New York birth injury attorneys at Fitzgerald & Fitzgerald represent injured children throughout the United States. The firm's offices are based in New York City, Manhattan, Staten Island, Bronx, and Queens.
$31,575,000-Failure to properly monitor newborn's metabolic acidosis caused brain damage and cerebral palsy